The number and diversity of investment choices available today are simply staggering. Now, you choose from dozens of asset classes with broad diversification that may help manage volatility in your portfolio.
In some cases Hutton Wealth Management uses discretionary asset management which allows us to pro-actively manage your accounts. Here is a look inside our investment strategy.
Investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal. No investment strategy, including diversification, can guarantee a profit or protect against loss.
4-Step Investment Management Process
- Step 1: Create portfolios based on asset and sector classes in which we believe there are opportunities. Identify and capitalize.
- Step 2: Monitor and evaluate non-proprietary investment vehicles for utilization in your portfolios.
- Step 3: Utilize multiple quantitative analysis tools to implement our buy/sell decision-making process.
- Step 4: Monitor and evaluate legal insider trading activity to enhance market entry and exit points. Track what company executives are doing with their own money.
Asset Classes and Sectors
Using our Strategy, you’ll be able to choose from a wide array of investment products in different asset classes and investment sectors. Since our worldwide economy is dynamic, this list of investment options changes on a regular basis. We are continuously monitoring the investment landscape to try to identify tomorrow’s winners today. Here are just a few examples of asset classes and investment sectors that are part of our investing universe.
- Preferred stocks
- Large capitalization stocks
- Emerging market securities
- Market neutral strategies
- Convertible bonds
- Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities
- Municipal bonds
- High-yield bonds
- Corporate bonds
- Government securities
- Managed futures
- Master limited partnerships
- Risk Management
The recent turmoil in the worldwide financial markets has reiterated the need for diligent risk management. Our strategy allows us to monitor the risk level in the market. When we believe the risk is too high, we have the capability to take action to try to help manage that exposure on your behalf.
As investment analyst Louise Yamada said, “There are two kinds of losses. A loss of capital and a loss of opportunity; but there will always be another opportunity if you protect capital.” We are very conscious of trying to preserve your money during times of anticipated negative volatility. That way, we will have capital to invest when new opportunities arise.
We are excited about the opportunity to serve you. We strive to help maximize your investment results while offering the personalized service you’ve come to expect.
There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not ensure against market risk. No strategy can assure a profit or protect against loss. Investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal.